Athens, Wisconsin
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

Update by user Jul 02

This is an update to my review of Teletrac.After posting on Pissed customer and the BBB, of my numerous complaints.Teletrac did completely refund all money I spent on their product.

And because I posted on the BBB and Pissed customer.I do not believe they have changed their attitude or mentality.I would have serious reservations about doing business with them in the future.

Original review posted by user May 16

Where do I begin?????Every single complaint on this forum, is happening to me.Tbe term "Scam" comes to mind.

I aquired their "service" on 11/19/2016. I told them I was getting a new truck in December. And I wouldn't be installing "any unit" until then. I had ordered two ELD's and a trailer tracker.

Immeditely I kept getting overwhelmed with requests to install from their 3rd party rep. When I did get the new truck, I tried getting install service, and was refused. Apparently no time to service me when "I" need it done. I just purchased a $155,000.00 truck w/FET.

And needed to get rolling. My old truck is now my spare...... So on 12/6/2016 I had to pay my shop "ELM Repair and Refrigeration" to install the one unit. And their tech having to take a phone class and work with a Teletrac support rep.

on installation. I told Teletrac that I wouldn't install all the units untill I knew their system worked. Their system did nothing but cause problems, and did not perform as promised. It caused system error driver violations.

My wife and I drive team, when stopping for a break, it would switch the driver in sleeper berth to driving. And the driver to on duty. Ruining the resting driver's 10 hour break and causing violtations. Which I was told would not happen with their system.

I had numerous complaints. Their pro miles I had to sign a new contract on 12/12/2016, and had to get really upset before they would work on setting it up 2 weeks later. Never got to use pro miles, it didn't do what was needed. I verbally, by email, cancelled auto pay on 12/19/2016.

And removed their unit on 12/30/2016. Their custumer service is ridiculous, and they either wouldn't address problems. And/or would advise me that I should solve the problem. After reading complaints on this site, I decided to "mail" all correspondance along with "email" for reinforcement.

I mailed their hardware back on 1/30/2017 certified return reciept with signature. And sent cancellation of all services on 2/20/2017. Every single correspondence I have sent has been mailed certified return reciept with signature. I paid these people $275.00 for the first 3 months.

I had to pay ELM $300.00 for installation of the one unit, and $100.00 for removal. Since Teletrac wouldn't when needed. I also paid $500.00 to Teletrac in advance hoping that would be incentive to service me better during the initial problem period. And $91.75 to UPS for return shipping of their hardware by weight, certified return reciept, and signature required.

In total not including the mail correspondance their disservice cost me $1,266.75. On 5/1/2017 I recieved a billing notice oo the regular quarterly amount, from their collections dept. They have every intention of collecting from me regardless of not providing said service in any way since day one. This is not a business with integrity.

Any positive reviews they recieve are fake made by them. When I recieved the collections notice I filed a complaint with the BBB, as well as rescent cancellation notice. I asked for my $500.00 back, and them to cease contact. Their counter offer was "they fixed the problems" I had encountered.

And they would send me the hardware back free of charge....... They have absolutely no integrity, and I am pretty sure they plan on charging me on a regular basis for three years. Regardless of their breach of contract by not providing the service they promised. Do Not Sign Any Contract With This Company.

Their intent is to get you in a legal bind, and hose you for everything they can get. Every complaint made on this site from "my experience" is true. I will be contacting the FMCSA,OOIDA, and credit bureaus with my complaints. No one needs this kind of stress, or mental and monetary abuse.

Run from this organization and don't look back....Sincerely, Forrest Franks, Happy Trails Transport llc Wausau, WI DOT# 2198182

Review about: Teletrac Gps Tracker.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Had an Experience with Teletrac?

Comments

franksgump5
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States #1346393

Teletrac did completely refund all money I spent on their product. However, I believe they only did so because I kept all correspondence and records. Had my ducks in a row. And because I posted on the BBB and Pissed customer.

to franksgump5 #1350658

Super !

The advice I always give is "ducks in a row" . I practice what I preach and it has allowed me to prevail in numerous disputes in this life of conflict.

Good for you, A+